Everything posted by Gary Dickens
-
IOM Boat - which waiting list?
Thre aren't many on that shortlist....
-
Any Ideas?
GBR is right in my opinion. The second letter has a corner at bottom left which reveals it as a B (certainly not a 0) and the small piece of what's left of the first letter indicates the bottom of the vertical stroke of a G, which would also put the GBR nicely centred above the number whereas, if it was a 1 the ehole set would be off centre....
-
Frank Russell Designs Phoenix 4 2020 - 10r build
I'd like to see a picture of that layout.
-
10 rater plans
. However why the IOM rules don't allow carbon hulls and masts is beyond me. The latter are cheaper and stiffer.
-
Rating a 6m as an A.
Could somebody tell me how well a Romanza 6m would rate as an A class?
-
50 Marbleheads for 50 years at Fleetwood! another date to please save!
That's what I was wondering... if I get a Bloodaxe together would I have to sail it against the Grunges and Prime Numbers?
-
Footy… no more?
My pleasure! The more Footys the better!
-
Footy… no more?
I'm afraid there isn't much on the market. I have the moulds for a couple of boats and there are a few 3d printed versions around. I'm putting together a Racing Sparrow 3d printed footy at the moment just for comparison purposes and there are a couple on 'Thingiverse' if you have a friend with a printer. The RS one I'm makjng is also availzble as a printed kit of parts but you do have to source some components seperately. Gary
-
Footy… no more?
Footy still exists in a few pockets around the country. We sail the class once a month at Hollowell Radio Sailing Club. The class registrar sails with us but the class captain no longer sails. There is an active group of Footy sailors in Cornwall and the Birmingham club also sails monthly. The websites are still operational as far as I can tell but there has been little action for quite some time. Whereabouts are you based?
-
50 Marbleheads for 50 years at Fleetwood! another date to please save!
Might be able to get hold of a Bloodaxe.....
-
Stollery Hurricane
Does anyone know if plans are available for the Hurricane, a very simple, boxy, Roger Stollery designed marblehead? Gary
-
Skip plans.
Does anyone know if plans exist for a Richard Willis designed 'SKIP' A class boat? Thanks, Gary
-
Sail Number Fonts
The rules state that numbers should be legible and I recently saw an IOM with a number which had a zero with a slash through it which made it (to me at least) appear for all the world like an 8. I haven't seen this style of 0 before and wondered if it was class legal.
-
Mast building
Would you still need shrouds on a 6m rig like this?
-
Topping lift wire - what gauge
Malin wire is available on Amazon
-
Request for information on yacht plans. 6T6
£££?
-
Unidentified models.
Better start saving up for some vane gear!
-
MX14 rig tuning
MX14 (1).pdf Is this any use?
- V6 or similar hatch lid
-
36r v IOM
As the title suggests, I'm looking for opinions regarding the performance of a 36r using IOM rigs compared to a typical club level (ie: not a britpop!) IOM using the same rigs. Gary
-
Springs for Vanes
You could always wind them yourself from a guitar string.
- More on supplier's
-
More on supplier's
Sails etc. use the Sky Shark 7pt tubes in their rg65 rigs and also list tapered carbon tubes which are probably the same items. Worth an enquiry...
-
Red Ant Stinger winch
Which flysky receiver are you using? The Fsia6 that I use won't tolerate more than 6.6V.
-
Registering a 6m as an A class.
As in the title, I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can measure a 6 as an A class. Is this possible and is there any advantage to be had? Do you lose or gain sail area, etc.? Gary