Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MYA Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gary Dickens

MYA Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gary Dickens

  1. Brad Gibson suggests sliding a length of stainless steel capilliary tubing from a syringe over the wire and bending it into a sharp hook shape.... apparently, it doesn't let go and very easy to replace... virtually zero drag.
  2. Can anyone identify the vane gear I got for my 36r?
  3. Can anyone identify the vane gear I got for my 36r?
  4. Not for your sail numbers though...
  5. Gary Dickens replied to Chris Wright's topic in IOM
    Look in the Free Plans section of Frank's website.
  6. No such thing as too much Swiss Roll..
  7. Probably a daft question but is it permissable to follow your vane boat with a small bicycle? My old legs might not last a day of bank walking......
  8. Thanks for that info, I was thinking of using the roll wrapped tubes from Easy Composites. So you still need shrouds ona carbon rig then? That is what I was hoping to avoid...
  9. I emailed the class registrar and he informed me that carbon masts are indeed legal for the 36 class boats. Thanks all. Gary
  10. Thanks for the replies Andy, I also read all the discussion about carbon masts and there didn't seem to be a conclusive decision made. When I looked at the rules, there is no mention of materials at all so I presumed the decision was made to allow carbon. My interest in using carbon masts is in wanting to do away with the faff of having shrouds and was wondering what diameter carbon mast would give sufficient stiffness for that.
  11. Hi, I can find no mention of material restrictions in the rules, could you tell me where that is written? Gary
  12. I'd like to use shroudless carbon masts on the 36 that I'm building. Should I use step tapered or straight tubing? What sizes would anyone recommend?
  13. Prophetic words indeed! I'll look forward to your progress.
  14. Dust off his old girl's what?
  15. Frank Russell has several plans available and there are some on "All Radio Sailboats"
  16. I think I'll have a go at a Reece Easy vane. Relatively simple to make with brass from the hobby shop and a bit of perspex. I had a Jones gear given to me years ago in Australia and can't, for the life of me, remember what happened to it. It came with a Stollery marblehead kit. Gary
  17. I noticed later that the chines go all the way to the front, whereas they don't on a Jazz. When you get to fitting it out, let me know what bits you need and we can share postage. Gary
  18. Was that the one on marketplace, Stuart? Gary
  19. If you make drawings of the Clem gear, can you share them with us? I'm starting construction of a combined vane and RC 36. Gary
  20. Gary Dickens posted a topic in 36"
    Has anybody any information about a dual purpose 36? Is it feasible to use the same boat for vane and radio? I presume you would have to arrange a plug-in rudder and separate mast locations but somebody must have done it... Gary
  21. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of costs for individual components.
  22. Gary Dickens posted a topic in IOM
    Does anyone have any information, experience or better still, photos or drawings of stub mast installations where only one mainboom is used for all rigs and remains on the hull?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.