Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MYA Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

David Davies

MYA Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by David Davies

  1. Agreed, lakeside is often the best - but that’s not always possible (club hours, other commitments etc).
  2. Thanks Graham. I suppose what I’m looking for is to understand people’s allegiances to boats - why did they or would they choose a particular design. So it’s not so much a price or lead time question. David
  3. 🤣 Council Members should be outspoken too - don’t let the shackles of Office hold you back 😁 Hmm… a ‘pre-Autum clearout’?! Sounds interesting!!! Can’t wait!
  4. Thanks Colin. Not necessarily looking for the ‘best’ nor the shortest lead time, but personal suggestions. The ‘best’ performing may not necessarily be the ‘nicest’ boat.
  5. With a new-build IOM boat delivery being months from order (or build list sign-up), which boat would you sign up to?
  6. Thanks John. Your replies are appreciated! 😁
  7. Agreed, it doesn’t take long to type annoyed thanks when advice has been requested and received. I’m trying to work out of the sport is close-knit (and perhaps somewhat ‘closed’), it’s the sport of the solitary individual, or if all the chat and info is shared primarily in the ‘real-world’. 🤔 Thanks for replying, John. 👍😁
  8. The Forum is very quiet. It’s a shame. If not here, where are people going online to chat and discuss the sport?
  9. Have a good trip, Wayne; sounds like quite the adventure!
  10. A trip to the show confirmed that I have (fortunately) chosen to participate in the lower-cost end of the boating spectrum!!! 😂 A great day out, lots to see and admire.
  11. Keyboard Skippers!!! 🤣 Brilliant. Thanks Nigel.
  12. What are your top tips for new members just getting started in the hobby/sport? What essential info would you share?!
  13. Thanks G.
  14. Thanks John. A useful guide.
  15. How popular is coastal sailing for the DF class boats? I suppose as long as you wade in deep enough to get the keel bulb clear of the sand, it’ll just be like a very big lake! Any thoughts? David
  16. Thanks Peter, I’ll check that out. Yes, Jim and Dave have both been excellent support during my initial sailing sessions - I hadn’t thought to ask them. David
  17. Thanks Peter. 👍 Yes, I found that one and have it saved. I was wondering if there were other guides or advice. It’s as if only Phil’s guide exists out there. 🤔 I suppose I’m looking for the ‘starter for ten’ guide, which Phil’s is - but wanted to see if there are other views beyond Phil’s. Noted your comment/advice above. Thanks again. David
  18. Hi, I have suggested length measurements for A+ and A rigs, but not yet for the B rig - I can't find many references to these online. I'm trying to align measurement points to those in the DF65 manual (i.e. back of bumper or top of hook). Any suggested lengths for the B rig? And C rig whilst we're here (but I don't yet have the C). Thanks in advance. David
  19. John, just started to take a look at your website: laughed at your “Hey that’s me!” comment against your photo - got me a strange look from ‘The Wife’! 😁
  20. The adventure begins! Files purchased! Thanks again for the pointer, Gary!
  21. Ah, the Racing Sparrow looks interesting! 🤔 I think I’ll give that one a go. Thank you!
  22. Thanks Gary. Based in Kent. I was looking around and trying to find boat manufacturers but seemed to only find dead links.
  23. What’s happened to the Footy class? All the websites I’ve found appear to have ceased. Does the class still exist?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.