Status of Class: Adopted
Administrative Body: MYA
This MYA national class is a scaled down version of the full sized International Six Metre class rule. The overhangs make the boats elegant and graceful on the water. Being displacement boats they rely on the hull shape, as well as the ballast, for their stability. It therefore provides a somewhat different, distinctly ‘yacht like’ sailing experience. It is particularly suited to lakes with restricted depth.
It is a class that lends itself for those who enjoy home building with a number of designs available. This, together with the need for only one mast, a main boom and a jib boom together with just two suits of sails, helps make this an ideal class of boat for the more cost conscious sailor.
- Six Metre Class Events here
- Contact the Six Metre Class Captain here
- Six Metre Class GBR website here
- Six Metre Class Rules attached below
- Six Metre Class Measurement Procedure here
- Six Metre Class Measurement Forms attached below
- Six Metre Boats For Sale or Wanted here
- Please visit our Knowledgebase or Q&A for more help