Searching for my old 6 meter.

John Taylor

Good Evening

Some years ago (2008), I sold my wooden proto-type 'Drisky' yacht to a member of the Southwater Dabblers club. I have emailed the club officials but I have had no reply. Basically, I am wanting to find out what has happened to my previous boat. I have not seen or heard from the owner since I let the yacht go.

If anyone has knowledge of my previous wooden Drisky (6m), I would be grateful to hear from you. (Picture attached) Contact email: johnmtaylor69@yahoo.com

Regards,

JT

1914563897_ProtoDrisky.thumb.jpg.10a05780df33b116924f685b3d277e7b.jpg

If memory serves me well the gentleman's name who I sold my boat to was called Mr Gardener. He then sailed in a Dabblers club race of which there is a picture of the event. Since then there has been nothing. The yacht has not appeared anywhere for years to my knowledge. My concern is that the boat maybe left gathering dust in someones garage or worse. I would like to recover my previous boat if possible.

Regards

JT

• 1 month later...

Gents,

I have managed to locate the gentleman who previously bought my old 6 meter (Drisky). Mr Jim Garner, thankfully answered my initial message on this forum. Unfortunately, the boat was sold on Ebay sometime ago (2009?). Therefore, I have to continue with my search. Jim thinks the Drisky yacht could be towards the north of the UK.

I know my old yacht is not actively sailing in Scotland, so my search continues. Additionally, if anyone has any information that may help, Ie: Ebay or in someones shed, I would be grateful for your assistance.

Regards,

JT

1687285840_ProtoDrisky.thumb.jpg.4056d94c907bdf289f220f9583a64166.jpg

• 1 year later...

A continued appeal to all,

Over the past 12 months, I have been trying to track down the current owner of my wooden proto-type 'Drisky', 6 meter class yacht. I am trying to locate this boat, with the hope it may be returned to myself.

So far, it is believed the Drisky yacht is still in the UK. However, it has not been seen actively sailing for many years. The yacht is possibly gathering dust in someones garage / shed. Nothing has been viewed on the internet or Ebay.

I have appealed on other forums but so far little progress has been made. If anyone has knowledge of my previous wooden Drisky, (6 Meter Class), I would be grateful to hear from you.

Regards,

JT

Contact email: johnmtaylor69@yahoo.com

• 5 years later...