Single strand wire loops

Terry Connell

I had limited luck with the Bison stainless steel lure forming tool and very quickly gave it to a fisherman at our pond in return for a sandwich.

But the DU-BRO Kwik Twist Fishing Tool works in all situations and is my weapon of choice particularly for luff wires.

Pity it is right handed

I have not come across the Worth Lure Wire Forming Tool but it looks to be unsuitable as it is the same format as the Bison stainless steel lure forming tool.

Each time I buy something from the USA I get hammered by the Royal Mail for duty / tax handling fee. Almost every parcel I receive gets a flat of £8.00 charge, or something like that, that I must pay where I collect it from the depot.

It is best to get a few in at the same time.

So get a few other skippers together and multiple order - I need another DU-BRO Kwik Twist Fishing Tool for example and would give you the money upfront

Send me a PM

Terry,

For best results do not use a nipper to remove the short end. Simply hold the wound part with a pliers and rock the wire back and forward and it will snap off exactly at the correct place leaving it smooth. The method shown in the video works well too but did not work reliably with the wire we get from all the UK suppliers

The wire you get in AUZ is very straight so when to de-rig it lay flat. The wire you get in UK has NOT been straitened and coils up , very irritating.

But still it is much better and easier to handle than stranded plastic coated trace wire.

Did you actually buy one and how have you go on. Post a picture

mnmn

Malin Company 10-24 is #10 gauge ( 0.61 mm 7.3 m long) - £3.63 a coil

Malin Company 7-24 is #7 gauge ( 0.46 mm 7.3 m long) - £3.11

Shipping - £ 6.28 the killer so don't order one role - buddy up with someone

It comes from the US so you might get caught for VAT and duty - I have not been

Highest grade chromium nickel alloy stainless steel wire. Guaranteed not to corrode or rust. Solid single strand. Perfectly straight when uncoiled.

https://www.vitamingrocer.co.uk/

It is an irritating website - shop by Manufacturer - MALIN is the simplest

Anyway this is what I uses and it is as it says it is.

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Fellas,

I received another delivery of this wire this week from the US. Sadly it was not as good in terms of straightness as it was the last time I got some a year ago.

I do not understand why and I have sent a mail to the manufacturer for his comment

The stuff from Sailsetc or Housemartin is probably equally straight.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...