Nemesis; rig set up . .. . .

DM_21

Hi, I am starting club racing with an old, but good condition Nemesis and wondering if I can improve her performance. So would be grateful if anyone could provide the rig set up or an owner sharing their rig measurements/settings. Any help appreciated. Cheers, Don

I had the same issue with my old boat, and nothing came from here, for my cockatoo.

therefore with some great club advice, I started with a plum line tied at the top of the mast to the crane front and floated the boat in water, and adjusted the front length to get the washer directly over the nut for the keel.

This gave me my front measurement 

adjustment for the shrouds, using a table and measurement from mast tip to floor with boat laid on the table, for shrouds adjustment, and then using a sail set up guide, 

https://www.mya-uk.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/20_IOMTuning_2013_2.pdf

this was useful,

or the sail set up pictures, from the Plan B website in Australia.

and doing this kicked my cockatoo into action, and it started to sail a lot better and faster.

hope this helps

Stephen

• Like 1

I presume this is a Barry Chisam designed and built Nemesis. This I believe was a modified Isis (basically wider hull) built in smaller numbers.

Unfortunately Barry is no longer with us so you cannot go there for advice. Even if he had still been available when I asked for set up information for my Psycho I got the answer that he just set it up for the conditions by sight and sailed the boat. (No measurements or setup guide available). There is a regular visitor to the site who sailed a Nemesis in District and Ranking Events who may be able to advise.

I expect there are more Skippers on the site or in clubs who sailed the Isis design, any setup for these could be a good starting point. A MK 1 Isis won the IOM World Championship in the hands of Trevor Binks which was instrumental in the volume of sale's of the design.

Best of luck with the yacht, sailed against a Nemisis in a good blow and it was a fast boat.

• Like 1

I have owned two of these and my best advice is to set up as an ISIS, a couple of degreees of aft rake and jib boom pointing just inside the shroud.

Barry built the boat as an ISIS on steriods, some of the top skippers at the time wanted a bit more volume in the hull. Enjoy!

• Like 1