Kantun S rig setup

Stephen B

Zonko is quite quiet on this feature. The three rings are for A B and C rigs respectively front to back and he says you can tighten or loosen the cord to suit conditions. TBH don’t think it counts for much! Wouldn’t spend too much time on it !

Thank you, have set them up and tied them, so that they screw down to deck level when under load of the sail.

will see how they go with this weight of Dacron and pressure from the rig. May have to re tie them, but it’s a fiddly job, and you can see why you have deck attachment points

E8049E7A-0962-4E20-92CE-17D08C5D0958.jpeg

F638ECE0-E422-4D19-AD04-83A7D26757CE.jpeg

Here’s what mine is like. As I understand it the thumb wheel allows you to raise and lower the eyelet to suit the conditions. However most boats don’t have any such feature so you could say it’s irrelavent, set it up and forget it! Previous owner of my boat did just that, so do I !

0B8DEBE4-251F-4D2A-ABBA-C4FF82091E0B.jpeg

Set up thank you, boat unexpected sank this morning, started taking in some water, each race, draining.  
race 6 lost the rudder control, and it looped around for a few mins, spinning circles, and as my back was turned, it went down.

it was a fast boat this morning…..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1006440426704868

diver required!

Local diving club from Cambridge could not have been more helpful this morning. Two men, who dive not for great depth but to find new things. Out in a small inflatable to use their sonar,but as it was on its side, not great profile, so moved to their underwater drone. Located it is about 2.5m of water, marked it and returned with fins and mask (wearing drysuits all morning) surface dive and recovered it.
some pics and club write up on Day report 2

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1006440426704868

thank you to Cambridge British Sub-Aqua Club.

• Like 2

Glad to hear yacht recovered. Hope minimal damage to hull and rig. presume RMG will be sent to Bill for check over/repair.

Have you had a chance to determine the reason for sinking? (Previous cases that I know of are deck patch failure or lifting of a deck cover held down by electrical tape) Both of these seem to be of increased risk in very low temperatures. If it is the deck patch I would suggest always using a new patch if lifted and cleaning the mating surface on hull deck with something like Methylated spirits before fitting. 

Hope yacht returns to the water with minimal effort/cost!

Eric