Website - Development Page

John Taylor

I thought I would update readers on our future activities. For the last couple of years and through the pandemic, I have regularly published reports describing our activities both at the lakeside or in the workshop. At the time it was the right thing to do during periods of lockdowns and I thank those who gave their positive feed back. This year though, I will move away from writing reports to just publishing our progression on new or continuing projects within our website. 

Therefore, the link below is to my 'Development Page', where there are a number of projects we are currently working on. This page will be regularly updated and readers will see some significant changes as projects move in the future to the main part of the website. I will use this platform to notify people of the significant developments over time and I hope you will still enjoy our online gossip.

Website Link - HERE

JT

Sushi Launch.jpg

Edited by John Taylor
  • Like 2

• 10 months later...

THE CHRIS DICKS AWARD - The award recognises good model yacht design at all levels of the sport, together with successful design related model yachting projects.

To my surprise, I was informed this week that I had won the 2023 Chris Dicks Award, for contributions to model yacht design. I am truly humbled by those who thought I deserved such an award. 

The challenge for me has always been to create a design that can compete against the more established yachts and learn from those successful designers. I must pay tribute to the builders, who over the years have translated my drawings to produce the yachts which are seen to be launched. 

Although recent experience with some projects have been difficult to swallow, I am honoured to win the Chris Dicks award which empowers me to keep designing. 

Thank you. 

IMG_2590.thumb.jpeg.42170238cdb4624c52c56584eea4168e.jpeg

• 1 month later...