Can anyone recommend a scoring programme

Can anyone recommend a club scoring programme such as Sailwave where the programme throws the worst scores etc and members can view at home the championship scores week by week we want something simple where we put in the scores and the computer does the rest.

3 hours ago, Bill Jones said:

Can anyone recommend a club scoring programme such as Sailwave where the programme throws the worst scores etc and members can view at home the championship scores week by week we want something simple where we put in the scores and the computer does the rest.

This is how we do our scoring. It is a two part process. We score the weekly race day as normal. We run a second copy for the series, where the top boat for race day 1 is scored first, and so on , then next week become Race 2.

The program we use is called Afleet ( from NZ), and it runs on an Android phone or tablet and is designed for RC sailing.

https://afleet.app/

The current version is for just one fleet, but the beta version (available by special request) supports a multi-fleet hms style scoring. Both work fine and are easy to use. You can output the results as a pdf and transfer to a shared google drive, or upload to your local club web site.

It is quite fully featured, for redress, dnf, dsq etc, and discards can be customised, but default to after 4,8, and every 8 thereafter.

John

Edited by John Ball
added android phone

John Ball

IOM CAN 307 (V8)

In my private capacity

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill.

I use Sailwave. I use two programs one for the daily racing event and one for the series. It is really quick to update results which I e-mail out or you can put the results on the Sailwave web site where everyone can view them.

It has numerous options based around Appendix A of the RRS so you can customise it as you wish regarding discards, ties, etc.

If you have any trouble setting it up the contact guy is really helpful.

Good luck, Michael

Based on the discussion here I've tried A-Fleet, and it's a great help pond side.  I experimented Friday with a Fire tablet, and although I was competing it was very quick to enter the places and others for each race, and came to the overall results very quickly.  Up till then we used HMS and the need for an upgrade to Office (Microsoft 365) and the costs associated for a small club make the £3.xx for A-Fleet well worth it

Larry

IOM sailor

North Essex