Recently inherited a metre Class Yacht and need some help identifying it...?

Thank you for having me on the forum.

I have recently acquired a model yacht and was hoping to get some help identifying it?

It is described as "Blue John" Metre Class Yacht, length 39", beam 7", it weighs 8.5 lb of which 4 lb is the keel.

It also says, 'Not Eligible for Competition'

I've attached some images here:

All help would be gratefully received...

210423-SailingBoat_1526.jpg

210423-SailingBoat_1528.jpg

210423-SailingBoat_1530.jpg

Could this boat have originated in Europe?  We never had 1m long free sailing yachts in UK.   

We had 36"  and Marblehead 50".

I've been in the sport since 1960 but never heard of free sailing boats 1m long. 

Perhaps it was just a project some one built for fun.

It looks very nicely built.

Sorry I can't be more help.

DerekP

This certainly looks very similar... Thank you.

Strangely it has Swedish 3 crown roundels on it and just speaking to a someone at Howes in Oxford, he mentioned that it might have been built by a builder in Reading although he couldn't remember his name...?

IMG_5217.JPG

Hi Michael,

I did a bit more research into your model and came across another design by F G Draper who designed Plane Jane.  It was slightly later, in 1967 and called Coquette III.  It does not look quite as much like yours as Plane Jane, but it is a metre long.  There is an article about it in the Sept 1967 issue of Model Boats but I don't have a copy.  In the VMYG list of plans, Coquette III is described as International 10/40, 1 metre, but I have never heard of this class.  It may be that your model is another design by F G Draper from the mid 60's but I am just guessing there.

I have received a copy of your email to the VMYG and I will give you a ring sometime in the next few days.

Gareth

3 hours ago, Gareth said:

Hi Michael,

I did a bit more research into your model and came across another design by F G Draper who designed Plane Jane.  It was slightly later, in 1967 and called Coquette III.  It does not look quite as much like yours as Plane Jane, but it is a metre long.  There is an article about it in the Sept 1967 issue of Model Boats but I don't have a copy.  In the VMYG list of plans, Coquette III is described as International 10/40, 1 metre, but I have never heard of this class.  It may be that your model is another design by F G Draper from the mid 60's but I am just guessing there.

I have received a copy of your email to the VMYG and I will give you a ring sometime in the next few days.

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

I have bought the SEPT 67 issue on eBay as I was curious. I'm stripping the hull down to sort out a leak and am constantly impressed at how well it has been made. Would you be able to give me advice on what epoxy to use on the outside of the hull and what paint to use?

Tia,

Michael