The clubs benefit from membership of the MYA as follows:-
- Being part of a national body that governs and regulates model yacht sailing.
- Having the support through its membership of the Association and of the RYA in the event of any disputes locally.
- Public liability insurance cover for its affiliated members.
- National publicity and attendance at exhibitions in order to promote the sport.
- Technical and rules advice.
- Organisation of and running of national and international events for the benefit of the club members.
- Access to the MYA web site which contains a wealth of knowledge to assist clubs in race management, legal obligations etc.
An individual who is a member through a club receives the following benefits:-
- Eligibility to enter National and International sailing events.
- Public liability insurance cover.
- Personal copy of the MYA Year Book which contains contact details of all member clubs and extensive listing of national and club racing events throughout the year.
- Individual access to our members area where contact details are available for all MYA officers, MYA council and AGM documents and MYA member and Club lists.
- Ability to update personal details directly on the members area.
- All new members receive a Welcome to the MYA booklet providing useful information for newcomers.
- Access to recognised technical officers to help with registration and official measurement of boats within the classes.
- Access to our Forums and ability to create for sale ads in the classifieds section.
- Electronic Newsletters.
- MYA Handbook.