LiPo Battery Safety Health & Safety Docs RYA Charter Race Scoring Spreadsheet MYA Scotland Info Sheet
LiPo Battery Safety
July 2014 - From the MYA Development Officer -
A number of skippers are now using Lithium Polymer Batteries to power receivers etc and may not be fully aware of some of the issues regarding the use of these batteries.
It has recently been reported that one of our members has suffered a severe fire as a consequence of charging Lithium Polymer batteries, which has caused damage to his
property and the loss of all his radio control boats and equipment. The British Model Flying Association (BMFA) has recently issued a document that provides details on
these batteries, together with advice on charging procedures and the safety issues regarding these batteries. In an attempt to prevent any further incidents, we would urge
that those of you who currently use, or those who are thinking of using these batteries, download and read the attached document. Please click on the LiPo Battery Safety
link above to view the document.
The MYA would like to acknowledge the cooperation of the British Model Flying Association and Bob Smith of the BMFA for allowing us to use this document.
Health and Safety
February 2014 - The MYA has published in the Knowledge Base a number of Health and Safety Guidance Notes for use by MYA clubs (upload date 29/1/14). These documents are individually linked below for the benefit of MYA Scottish
• Emergency Action Plan (.doc file)
• Health, Safety and Environment Plan (.doc file)
• In Case of Emergency Contacts (.xls file)
• Risk Analysis for Events (.doc file)
• Safety Bag - Contents (.doc file)
• All the documents in one zip file
February 2014 - The MYA has announced alignment with the RYA Racing Charter.
The Scottish District Committee is strongly supportive of this initiative
and would encourage all MYA members and club committees to actively apply the charter.
A pdf copy of the Charter is available via the link on the left.
Click here to go to the Racing Charter page on the RYA web site.
|Race scoring spreadsheet||
From John Owens
Excel 2003 format, no macros
latest version is 9.3 uploaded 06/03/2016
v9.3 changes are:
- Minor revisions to provide better clarity on how to undertake Excel sort of skipper and race team details in the "Registration & Race Team" tab.
v9.2 changes are:
- On Instructions tab, Richard Ennos is named as SD Racing Secretary;
v9.1 changes are:
- On Instructions tab, Ali Law is named as SD Racing Secretary;
- Minor cosmetic fixes.
Scoring forms for use in running club and district level open events. The forms are held in pdf files which may be downloaded and then printed for use on race day.
- For recording the finishing positions for each race or heat download pdf file
- For recording the overall score for an event download pdf file
|MYA Scotland information sheet||last updated 15/11/2016 - feel free to download this leaflet, print it and hand it out.|